The Web Data Extraction Playbook
5 Steps to Leveraging the Open Web as a Data Source
Businesses and organizations worldwide are looking for ways to tap into data from the world wide web and mine it for patterns and insights. But how do you take the unstructured, seemingly-infinite content published online and turn it into structured data that’s ready for for analysis? Learn how to choose the best approach to extract data from the web in this 5 step guide.
Learn how to:
- Ask the right business questions to drive your web data project
- Understand the technical requirements of various data extraction tools
- Choose between a DIY solution, scraping tools and web data as a service
- Scale your web data project iteratively
- Ensure ongoing coverage and ROI
Who should read this?
This guide is for developers, executives and researchers who want to understand how to launch a project that’s centered around web data, what are the common approaches to extract data from the web, as well as the pros and cons of each approach.
Webhose.io provides on-demand access to structured web data that anyone can consume. We empower you to build, launch, and scale big data operations so you can focus on what you do best – whether you’re a budding entrepreneur working out of the garage, a researcher in the science lab, or an executive at the helm of a Fortune 500 company.